Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.
Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:12 am
38% of 1 molecule of glucose is used to produce ATP, and the other 62% is used as heat energy that's why you sweat, but what if you are not exercising?What happens then in cellular respiration?
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:58 am
Heat produced from metabolism is mainly used to maintain a constant body temperature.
- Inland Taipan
- Posts: 5694
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:12 pm
the efficiency of metabolic processes is not influenced by what you do. It is the same all the time. The difference is, how much glucose you burn -> how much heat is released. But the relative amount is the same all the time
Cis or trans? That's what matters.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests