Discussion of all aspects of biological molecules, biochemical processes and laboratory procedures in the field.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
so with asian flush syndrome they have underactive aldehyde dehydrogenase right? and so methanol is converted to formaldehyde and this is toxic when it builds up... therefore people with asian flush syndrome would be more susceptible than someone who metabolizes the aldehyde form fast? or is it not formaldehyde thats toxic? explanation please
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 17 guests